Hello! This is the start of a recipe journal. The hope is that this will be a place where friends can post and share their favorite recipes and maybe stories and pictures to go along with them! This way you have a great place to go if you need/ want to make something for whatever reason and you don't have to go digging through books and boxes for that one recipe. ^.^

Thanks and Bon App
étit!

Sunday, July 29, 2007





Quickie Salsa!


2 beefsteak tomatoes (if you want to use roma or any other type of tomato…that’s fine, too)

1 small bunch of cilantro

1 small white onion

1 jalapeno pepper

Juice from half a lemon

Pepper and Salt to taste

A little warning: When handling any type of hot pepper be extremely careful. The oils will stick to your hands so make sure not to touch your face or eyes before washing thoroughly with soap and water.

Depending on preference, dice one of the tomatoes to size. (ex: I am not particularly fond of chunky salsa so my tomatoes were diced rather small). In a blender, place the other tomato, lemon juice, cilantro and jalapeno pepper, blend to a desired consistency. Place the diced tomatoes and blended ingredients into a bowl, grate half of the white onion, dice the other and add into the mixture, salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!

Story:

Our kitchen at home is always stocked full of random ingredients and my mum and I are usually trying to make something out of all the fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs that we haven’t used for the week. This salsa idea came from wanting to use up a bulk of cilantro. After making it, I put it over some leftover salmon from the day before and BAM! Super salmon leftovers I would have taken a picture of it…but I was kinda hungry and ate it before the thought crossed my mind and my family liked it so, I almost didn't have enough for a picture at all! So instead, we have salsa over quesadillas with sour cream and sprigs of chives.

No comments: